Wednesday, May 20, 2009

RELEAVING PAIN AT BED TIME


Good Evening All!
Have you noticed that your pain levels increase at bed time making it hard to fall sleep or maybe stay asleep. I suffered this dilemma for years. I dreaded bedtime due to severe pain. I came up with a routine that has been a literal miracle for me. About one hour before bedtime I fill my tub with hot water and soak in the bath for about 30 to 40 minutes. While I am soaking I turn my electric blanket on low just to slightly warm my bed. Right before retiring for the night I eat warm fruit, apples peaches ect.... with cinnamon. I turn my sound machine on and close my door and out goes the lights. I find it is just the right amount of heat to relieve my pain to fall asleep. I used to try to sleep with the TV on invariably that never worked, it always seemed to take longer to fall asleep . After heavy research I found one must clear the mind in order to get a good nights sleep. It was hard at first to adjust to no TV but I did and my sleep pattern has been much better.
Another thing I found out is that people that suffer from RA need to have vitamin D. About a year ago I started taking a vitamin D supplement and it has helped with my pain . I have also learned from great trial and error that when I avoid fatty meats and high fat and sugar items I have less pain and swelling. There are some scientists that believe that some peoples RA is caused from food allergies. My advise to you is research any and all information out there about your disease . Work along side with your doctors to help them help you. It is your life and you only have one. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to do everything in your power to live the best life ever! I hope you have a wonderful pain free evening. Feel free to post any helpful tips you may have . I love learning new ways to cope with an old problem. Remember you have a friend here.

No comments: